Livingston, one of the Florida Parishes, was named after Edward Livingston, who formulated the Louisiana code of law. This parish was created in 1832 from parts of St. Helena Parish. It is one of the earliest settled parishes in Louisiana, as both French and Spanish colonists settled there as early as 1700s..
The parish seat of Livingston is Livingston. The parish has an area of 648.1 square miles.
Agriculture: beef cattle, poultry, vegetable
farming, dairying, and forestry.
Industry: plywood, door works, pulpwood, ironworks, Cellu-fibe manufacturing, aluminum.
Springs is the major cities in Livingston Parish.