The parish of Jackson was named for the great president Andrew Jackson. Created February 27, 1845, it was formerly a part of Claiborne Parish, which had been, at one time part of the Natchitoches Territory. Spanish traders first settled the area in 1776.
The parish seat of Jackson is Jonesboro. With an area totally 570.0 square miles.
beef cattle, poultry and egg farming, and vegetable farming.
Industry: timber and related industries; Continental Forest Industries, Continental Can Company, printing ink company.