On February 27, 1824, East Feliciana became a parish. It was formerly a part of the western district of Feliciana (Spanish for "happy land"). The Felicianas, East and West, were part of the West Florida Revolution of 1810 and the territory of the Republic of West Florida. It was taken over by the United States that same year. The area is one of the oldest cotton sections of the state and was settled by homesteaders from most of the Southern states.
The parish seat of East Feliciana is Clinton. The parish has a total area of 453.4 square miles.
Tourist Attractions: Many antebellum homes, including Asphodel, Milbank, Marston House, and the historic parish courthouse.