Okay, I have provided you with hundreds of lesson ideas, worksheets, activities, on this site; and all I ask it that you send me one idea that YOU have. Click on your favorite project on your computer and send it to me so that I can share it with other teachers who are looking for that “one” like that helps them through the day. I love the fact that you found something on this site that helps you. I just wish you would help me help others. Other teachers may like what your kids like. We ALL have to work together for the betterment of OUR students here in Louisiana.
Send it to
Greg or firstname.lastname@example.org and help other teachers in need.
- Louisina Mapping Project
- Creating a simple Louisiana map!
- GeoCollage Project
- So simple yet so inportant!
- Parish place are where?
- Where are they? What are they near? What is near them?
- Parish Mapping
- Which parish is this and that? Do you know the shapes?
- What's next to, or want surronds, color this, label that, what borders this?
- Do you know these things?
- What's next to, or want surronds, or what borders this?
- A Puzzle that is simple to do hard to master?
- The questions leave out stuff every line.
- How many parishes do you know?
- Simple class competition to name them all.
- The Acadian Triangle worksheet
- Simple class or homework map activity - has PPt graphic with lesson.
- My Hometown
- Many students do not know as much about their area/hometown as tourists do.
- The River
- The study of rivers - chart, diagram, and two activities.
- What is a habitat? - worksheet
- Six Parish Tests and study guides
- Cover all sixty-four parishes using these handy study guides and test used for years by Gerry Doyle.
- Unscramble the words to reveal the parish name
- Another 'Unscramble the parish' worksheet
- Lagniappe Parish Test
- Answer each of these questions with the name of a parish
- Scrambled Parishes worksheet
- Short test to see what students know about the parishes. An overworked idea but still a good one - six different sheets.
- Parish Shapes
- Can you name the parish just by its shape?
- Map, maps, and more maps
- Need a Louisiana map, look here!
- Location, Location, Location
- This simple worksheet is all about location from somewhere else.
- Find the Parish!
- Need a short 5-10 minute geo-filler? See if you can find the right parish.
- A simple directions worksheet
- Need a short 5-10 minute geo-filler? Here is one idea.
- A Unique way to Teach Longitude and Latitude
- See how to make your ceiling teach longitude/latitude.
- Start the Year with Parishes
- Submitted: A wonderful idea to get students started on state geography from day one.
- Geography Spelling Crosswords
- Help students learn to spell Louisiana words.
- Learn Directions Worksheet
- Simple idea to drill compass rose.
- Teaching Longitude and Latitude
- Two simple dittos to teach coordinates complete with lesson ideas.
- Where Am I?
- Let students guess where you are by playing 20 questions.
- Letter Exchange
- Let students write to students from other parishes
- Louisiana Road Trip
- Students plan a three day, two night weekend trip
- My Louisiana Vacation
- Students plan a five day site-seeing trip across the state
- Five Themes
- Discussing the five themes using the clothes on your back.
- Longitude/Latitude Again
- Another way to teach this topic
- Where are these places?
- Parish Map worksheet complete with place names to locate
- Where's that Parish?
- Parish Map worksheet ready to ditto
- What's the Parish Seat?
- Same as above but for parish seats.
- Louisiana's Waterways
- Printable map worksheet for waterways.
- Create your own state
- Printable map worksheet, directions, and samples.
- My Name - My Louisiana
- Printable map worksheet to use the letters of your name and locate items from Louisiana.
- Scrambled Parishes
- Printable map worksheet for parish names.
- Louisiana Swamp Stories
- Creative Writing idea for studying the coastal marsh and swamps
- Create a Louisiana Poster Map
- Contains dittos for directions and each section of parishes that you can print out.
Back to Ideas Index | Site Directory
Copyright © 2006 Greg English