Ideas generated at a Mike Muir Inservice
A Great Way to Start a Unit
Mike suggested that each lesson/unit/chapter have an overall question dealing with the important concepts students should learn from a lesson.
Below are a few of the teacher generated Essential Questions for various Louisiana History Lessons.
- How have cultural elements and folklore shaped our state and local heritage?
- How has the Louisiana location impacted the history and economy of the state?
- How does the Napoleonic Code compare to and differ from common law?
- How can ethnic groups in Louisiana preserve their culture?
- Why do I need to know about latitude and longitude in my everyday world?
- How can I change a law I don't like?
- If I were an Attakapa Indian, what happened to me?
- How would we survive without money?
- How has the Mississippi River affected Louisiana's history and lifestyle more than any other factor?
- Now that I am dead and gone, how will you know I was here?